• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 6 cups low sodium chicken broth, vegetable broth, or chicken stock
• 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
• 4 green onions chopped (white and green parts separated)
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
• 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
• 4 eggs lightly beaten
In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and 1 cup chicken broth; set it aside.
Heat sesame oil in a dutch oven or heavy stockpot over medium heat. Add the white parts of the green onion; cooking and stirring for 1 minute.
Add the ginger, turmeric, and white pepper; cooking and stirring for about 45 seconds. Pour in the remaining 5 cups of chicken broth and soy sauce.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture that you set aside. Bring the pot to a low simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
Pour the beaten eggs into a pastry bag or zipper lock storage bag and snip the corner creating just a very small hole. Move the bag over the pot gently pushing the eggs out of the bag while very slowly stirring the pot with a spoon using your other hand.
The key here is very slowly. Finally spoon the soup into bowls and garnish with the green parts of the scallions.